At the Carvonis Group, we are so appreciative of the beautiful area of Florida in which we get to call home. Miami is bursting with culture and events, interesting people and beautiful ocean views – so we thought we’d brainstorm a few of our favorite places to really enjoy the Florida views. September is the perfect time to plan some day trips and hike with family or friends, take a look at our list and try out some of these breathtaking hikes near Miami, FL.
- Everglades National Park, this beautiful park is walkable and bikeable! That’s right, you can rent bikes or choose to tour via tram. Wildlife in this area includes Great Blue Herons, Alligators, and other swamp related creatures. It’s worth the trip!
- Oleta River State Park, this park is well-known for its many, many bike trails but its also very accessible to hikers looking to make their way through mangroves and beach views. Keep an eye out for Pelicans and other beach wildlife as you go. There is even a Marline Fish house located near the river where you can refuel after the long day of hiking or biking.
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, this park has beautiful landmarks like a historic lighthouse as well as beautiful views of mangrove wetland and the beach as well!
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, located in Coral Gables, this park is filled with acres of trails and surrounded by tropical plants. There is a butterfly garden, as well as a mini rainforest ecosystem. What better way to get a little worldly experience in our own backyard of Coral Gables.
- Virginia Key Historic Beach Park, this beautiful park is perfect for picnics and hikes alike. Located on the West Side of Key Biscayne with hikes leading across the beach and even across a part of the Hardwood Hammock! Be sure to check this place out before this summer ends.
The Carvonis Group is so lucky to live in such a beautiful area, and we encourage everybody to explore some of these beautiful areas of Miami where you can experience wildlife, nature and the beautiful ocean views. From all of us at The Carvonis Group, we hope you have a wonderful September, with some great ocean views.