It is November, and with the Thanksgiving season comes great food and quality time with friends and family. Seasonal festivities also bring so many wonderful crafting opportunities to prepare for Thanksgiving Day. The Carvonis Group has put together part one of a list of DIY Thanksgiving Day crafts that are easy to make and will make a lovely addition to the family affair.
- Purchase long envelopes that can fit a napkin and some silverware. On the front of the Napkin either stamp or design a spot for your guests to write what they are thankful for. What a nice way to engage your guests and add an artistic side to dinner as well!
- Wrap candles in corn husks, low enough to avoid the flame, add a festive ribbon and voila, you have some beautiful centerpieces for your table.
- Purchase some green pears and cloves from a local grocery store. You can use the cloves to spell out some festive message and arrange the pear on any mantel or tabletop. Why not display your Thanksgiving spirit with spices and fruit?
- If you have the resources, go out and collect some of the vibrant leaves in your area (here in Florida, perhaps palm leaves would work?!). Press them between sheets of wax paper in a heavy book and once they are flattened out, using a sharpie marker or paint of some sort to write the names of your guests on their surfaces.
- Buy a bottle of gold paint and some miniature pumpkins from any local produce store, using the proper equipment and spread out a newspaper, paint the pumpkins entirely and you’ll have some golden pumpkin centerpieces!
- Purchase some colored vases or bottles and trim some juniper berries to sit in the vase. As the berries dry they will turn different colors and add to the fall feeling.
For more DIY fall crafts check out the second installation of Thanksgiving DIYs on The Carvonis Group‘s blog! From The Carvonis Group, we wish you a very wonderful Thanksgiving season and hope these crafts give you some good ideas on how to up your Thanksgiving decor this holiday season!