Being busy and being productive are two very different things. We can all get busy being pulled from one direction to another, but how much did you actually accomplish? And more specifically, how much did you actually accomplish that is helping you come closer to you goals? We’ve all been there. You feel completely drained from the day and look back only to think, “what DID I do all day?” There’s nothing completely checked off of your to-do list. No major accomplishments happened. But yet here you are, a full day (or worse) a week gone by, utterly exhausted, and nothing to show for it. Well, have no fear, The Carvonis Group is here to help provide you with some tips so that you never have to experience that again!
- SET MONTHLY GOALS – Write down the top 1-3 things you want to achieve this month. (Too many big goals in one month is setting you up for failure and stress.)
- MAKE A LIST OF TASKS FOR EACH GOAL – Create a plan of action for each monthly goal that you set. What needs to happen in order to achieve said goal?
- SCHEDULE THE TASKS – Take your list of tasks and schedule them like “to-do lists” for each week of the month. Don’t overload yourself, spread out the tasks throughout the month and you will be more likely to achieve them and feel good about it!
- PLAN YOUR WEEK – The best days to plan your upcoming week are on Friday or Sunday. Schedule the weekly tasks to a specific date and time.
- RESCHEDULE – Anything that you don’t accomplish for the week, put into the following week’s schedule. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t finish everything, most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a week!
Here at The Carvonis Group, we believe that we are all a work in progress. We hope these tips will help you be more productive and help lead to your goals! Be sure to follow us on Twitter @thecarvonisgroup for more inspiration and tips!